Thursday, December 17, 2015

King Lapu-lapu and hamburgers

We went to the Mactan shrine yesterday. It commemorates King Lapu-lapu killing Magellan. I think they made a mistake killing Magellan because two years later the Spanish came back and conquered them. They should have done what they do to foreigners today. Show them around the island, charge them twice the price then what's it's worth, send them to Mango ave. Where they can get a disease and urinate painfully the rest of their life. That's the Christian thing to do.
Last night I was hungry and wanted to try Angel's hamburgers as its a short walk away. While I'm there two girls kept trying to talk to me but their English was broken up. A few minutes later a truck pulls up and a guy gets out as the girls are leaving. He asks me if I think they are pretty and that I should follow them. It's at that time that I think about my emergency exit strategy. Luckily after a few minutes of me saying I'm not interested them leave and I immediately leave  towards my apartment. As a note Angels hamburgers wasn't very good. It's a processed meat Patty the kind you get in the 88 cent TV dinners. And that's insulting the cheap TV dinners.
Good luck finding toilet paper in public, luckily there are toilet paper machines at Tamiya ( the local shopping place not to far away). 2 cents but I don't know how many square you get.
In the one photo I'm eating a sweet Mango that we bought by the statue of King Lapu-lapu.



No comments:

Post a Comment