Friday, January 8, 2016

Bohol part1

Yesterday  I took a trip to the island of Bohol. Since Bohol is the next big island from Cebu I took a boat. They call them fastcraft. They aren't fast but not slow either. After the 1 1/2 hour boat ride I arrived in Bohol at the city called Tagbilaran. This is a tourist destination so you are immediately inundated with people selling things. I just kept saying "dili" which means no and kept walking. I rented a scooter at the main road. I haven't rode a cycle since I swore off cycles after Rick Cockrum death but its the best way around the island with freedom. After a good nights sleep at a motel with a view of the ocean for $18 a night it was time to explore and hit the beach. The best beaches are on the next island over so I studied the map and away I went. I m not afraid of getting lost much so explorer Bill is on the road. First beach was Dumaluan beach and it was awesome. It's what I pictured a tropical beach to be like. After that I went to Alona beach. It's a known worldwide beach that was a disappointment. It was crowded and foreigners everywhere.




The first two beachare of Dumaluan and next two are Alona. Last photo is sunset from the balcony of my motel.

No comments:

Post a Comment